Every swimmer must wear the right swimming goggles. Wearing the best goggles can give you fun while swimming. If you are comfortable with your goggles then you can perform well. Essentially, there are different types of swimming goggles that are ideal for every swimmer. Those who are still starting to swim would prefer goggles which can make them feel comfortable and won’t get in the way. On the other hand, expert swimmers would choose goggles that can enhance their performance and has less drag.
Are you ready to get into the pool? Whether you are still learning to swim or have been swimming for quite some time, we have reviewed and listed for you the best swimming goggles that are sold on the market right now. Hydrodynamic goggles are the best in the pool because they are the fastest and have less drag. If you are swimming in open water then you can choose polarized lenses since it can reduce the glare coming from the sun.
Otherwise, mirrored lenses are the coolest. It can likewise protect your eyes from the sunlight. However, it is not suitable for indoor swimming since it is a bit dark. Overall, all swimmers would prefer to wear high-quality swimming goggles. Let us find out what are the best swimming goggles in the market right now.
The Best Swimming Goggles Reviewed
Below our reviews on the best swimming goggles that our good friend from the Olympic swimming team has reviewed for us based on comfort, sight, agility, and speed, to help you make a well-informed choice when selecting your new goggles to swim.
The Aqua Sphere Kayenne Swimming Goggles are very popular. It is wide and very light, in fact, it only weighs 4 ounces. The ergonomic design can make any swimmer feel comfortable. Likewise, the patented curved lenses use Aqua Sphere Eye Protection technology. Its main objective is to satisfy all the needs of the swimmers.
- It has clear lenses to provide you with outstanding visibility whether swimming indoors or in low light.
- The lens is anti-fog and anti-scratch.
- The Quick-Fit Buckle can give you a perfect fit and can be adjusted easily even while you’re wearing it.
- It uses a hydrodynamic micro-frame which is hypoallergenic.
These goggles are best for swimming in a pool as well as in the open waters. The lenses are oversized to give you undistorted and expanded 180 degrees of vision.
For one thing, the Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 Mirrored Swimming Goggles is one of the best selling products from the world’s leading brand, Speedo. It has an improved peripheral vision compared to its older version. The mirrored lenses have the widest panoramic view.
- It gives you low profile performance and comes with cushioned silicone seals to give you more comfort.
- Includes four nosepieces.
- It comes with a double head strap along with an adjustable clip.
- It has a snug inner eye fit for more protection.
These goggles are anti-fog and provide excellent UV protection. This is one of the best swimming goggles that can give you a competitive edge.
In the meantime, the Aqua Sphere K180+ Mirror Goggles is the best when it comes to fighting UV radiation and glare. This is very helpful especially when you are swimming in the open water or even in the outdoors.
- K180+ consists of a Micro Gasket for best performance in a competition.
- This swimming goggle is a combination of three different materials to give you more comfort and stability.
- The Ultrasoft TPR (Thermo Plastic Rubber) ensures a watertight fit.
- It has a smooth shape to minimize vortices and improves hydrodynamics.
It is one of the best swimming goggles for open water. It gives you complete protection against UVA and UVB. The lens being used is anti-fog and anti-scratch. It has a wider panoramic view of 180 degrees.
Markedly, the Michael Phelps XCEED Swimming Goggles is best for any competition since it has been worn by the world’s top swimmer. It uses patented curved lens technology for effective swimming. Moreover, it has a low profile to give you a clearer view of any competition.
- These goggles are made of high-quality materials to give you the best performance.
- It uses an ultra-soft Softeril gasket for more comfort and tight seal.
- It has a wide area of vision that can let you sight walls without changing your head position.
- The semi-rigid exoskeleton provides more strength and stability.
In effect, the Sable WaterOptics RS 101 Mirrored Swim Goggles provides you the best clarity when swimming underwater. With the use of optical precision technology, you can enjoy having the clearest view.
- The soft silicone gaskets can make you feel comfortable and avoid any harmful pressure in the eyes.
- For a customized fit, you can choose from narrow, medium and wide nose bridges.
- Provides protection against ultraviolet UVA/UVB rays.
- The non-slip strap gives you a snug fit and adjustments can be done effortlessly.
The Aspherical and Flat Lens Technology eliminated any distortion. You won’t feel any pressure on the eyes because it has soft silicone gaskets.
Basically, the Aegend Clear Swimming Goggles is one of the best swimming goggles that can be used by kids, adults, and triathletes. It comes with a flexible gasket and a silicon frame to make you feel comfortable while swimming. The lenses are shatter-proof since it is made of polycarbonate.
- These goggles are leakage-proof.
- It has Polycarbonate lenses which can withstand even the toughest weather condition.
- The buckle on the straps makes it easy for you to wear and remove it.
- The light blue and clear lens can let you see clearer even in underwater.
These goggles have anti-fog coating along with UV protection to let you enjoy your swimming. It has clear lenses and does not have any synthetic colors or tints.
As shown above, the Arena Cobra Mirror Swimming Goggles are low profile and gives you a clear view while swimming underwater. The strap is made of 20% silicone while the lens is made of 70% polycarbonate. It also has a 10% thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) seal.
- The lenses are 100% PVC free and FINA approved.
- This product is imported from Japan.
- Include four nose pieces.
- The dual silicone strap can be easily adjusted.
This swimming goggle has a unique side bridge system that can give you a secure fit. The dual silicone straps can be easily adjusted to make you feel comfortable.
In detail, the Zoggs Flex 2.0 has titanium reactor lenses. Swimmers can conveniently wear these goggles either they swim indoor or outdoor. This type of swimming goggle has a reinforced nose bridge and flex points to give the user more versatility. Moreover, gaskets were likewise enhanced to reduce eye pressure and give the swimmer a better fit.
- Compatible for indoor and outdoor swimming.
- The lenses give you an anti-fog clear vision.
- It gives you 100% protection against UVA and UVB rays.
Another entry from the brand Speedo, the Adult Recreation Dive Mask is one of the best swimming goggles with nose cover. It provides a low-profile fit with a very affordable price. It is perfect for adult diving enthusiasts who are looking for a basic mask that is also effective. This Speedo mask is suitable for users who have larger heads.
- It has a comfortable head strap that is easy to adjust.
- The “Anti-Fog Max” coating on the lenses can give you a clear view while you are diving.
- The skirt is made of 100% silicone for ultra comfort.
- This dual colored mask is perfect for snorkeling.
Since this is meant for recreation then you should not use it for longer hours underwater. It is an excellent mask for divers and snorkelers who are not so serious about this hobby.
These Yicoe Swimming Goggles is large enough to cover your eyes and nose. These goggles are perfect for diving underwater for a long time. You can enjoy a super clear and very wide 180 panoramic view while diving underwater. Additionally, it is made of high-quality 100% liquid silicone so it won’t quickly turn into yellow. The strap is very easy to adjust.
- It is made of glass lens without any artificial color or tint.
- The skirt is 100% liquid silicone for ultimate comfort and durability.
- The tempered glass lens is shatterproof and safe to use.
- It has an anti-fog coating and UV protection.
The Speedo Kids Hydrospex Swim Mask is one of the best swimming goggles for kids. This product is a swimming goggle and a mask all in one. It is latex-free and provides anti-fog protection and UVA/UVB protection.
- It will stay well and won’t leak.
- This mask can give you a clear view while underwater.
- It is very comfortable to wear since it is not too bulky.
- Created by Speedo, the world’s leading brand for aquatic products.
This goggle has a one-piece frame with a superior curved lens for wide visibility. The adjustments can be done easily using the clips on the sides.
Surprisingly, the Speedo Vanquisher Optical Swim Goggles is very useful for swimmers who have poor eyesight. It can help them in seeing clearly underwater. It comes with polycarbonate lenses to guarantee high-performance and excellent clarity.
- The lens features an Anti-Fog Treatment coat.
- It can give you a clear and crisp view of whether you are swimming indoors or outdoors.
- It is 100% PVC and Latex-free.
- It provides UV protection.
The soft silicone seal is hypoallergenic and entirely watertight. What’s more, it offers a wider view so that you can keep an eye on your perimeter.
And finally, the Aikotoo Corrective Optical Swim Goggles is best for individuals who have poor vision. These swimming goggles that fit with glasses have a universal eye socket frame that can provide wide viewing and excellent fit. Its lenses are optical grade polycarbonate. The silicone gaskets and flexible frame can avoid any leak and can make you feel comfortable.
- It is coated with advanced anti-fog protection and specially designed shatterproof lenses.
- The wide-view goggles are mirror-coated with HD coating that reduces outside interference, maintain clarity of vision in the water.
How To Assess Swimming Goggles’ Quality
If you are a beginner, sometimes it’s quite frustrating if you don’t know what to look for when shopping for swimming goggles. Here are some tips that can help you in making an informed decision.
- We recommend that you should try on the swimming goggles that you like to buy. Of course, it would be very upsetting to buy a pair of swimming goggles that leaks or can make you feel uncomfortable.
- Do the lenses make you feel comfortable? You can check this by pushing the lenses against your eye sockets and leaving the straps off. Lenses with padded silicone gaskets are more comfortable. Examine also if the nose bridge does not hurt your nose.
- To check if the goggles won’t leak, push the lenses some more against your eye sockets then release it. Ideally, the goggles should stick to your face for a while. If it will fall off then it would be useless.
- Next, put the straps on and check if it is not too tight or your eye sockets are not sucked too much. Also, check if the straps are easy to adjust or do not unfastened too quickly.
- Are the lenses too dark or too light for you? Light lenses are preferable, however, if you are swimming outdoors then dark lenses are more suitable.
- It is also important to check if the lenses have an anti-fog coating so that you don’t have to defog them more often.
- There are several sizes and shapes of swimming goggles. Selecting the best one is oftentimes a matter of personal preference. However, you should avoid bigger goggles if you are doing quick flip turns or doing a dive from starting blocks since they tend to slide quickly than the smaller ones. Bulk goggles are also not preferable.
- The best thing is you must feel good in wearing your swimming goggles. If you don’t feel comfortable with it then most likely it won’t be long before you will buy a new one. So, always be aware of this significant aspect!
All in all, swimming is a fun activity which kids and even adults enjoy. However, it can be more enjoyable if you have the right equipment. In a word, swimming goggles are just one of the items that are very useful while swimming indoors or outdoors. It can enhance enjoyment as well as your performance. You can enjoy every moment and capture it on your camera.
Don’t forget to bring along your water-resistant Bluetooth speaker, so that you can enjoy listening to music while swimming. To track your distance and time, wear a GPS watch. Also, avoid swimming in banned areas in order to avoid disasters. In order to have the best diving experience, use a full face snorkel mask.
Welcome to the Active Thrills community! We, Nash and I, are the owners and authors of this special platform. We are so thrilled to say that this is definitely running actively to continue sharing all information and knowledge that we have about skateboarding, extreme sports, and gadgets in order to reach more and more people all over the world.