These longboards are not just for kids anymore, the longboard has become a hot mode of transportation for grownups. Make your next commute a gnarly one with our picks in the list below.
Longboards vary in widths, lengths, and shapes, much like surfboards.
It also has various flexes depending on the different types of rides. Compared to a skateboard, longboards have bigger and softer wheels, meaning that you can enjoy a smoother ride which is ideal for a beginner.
What defines a good Longboard?
The shape and the style will greatly rely on the particular type of longboarder you are. Once you have practiced riding on your longboard, you will feel that you can do almost anything on it after a couple of days.
If you use your longboard for going to school or work or shopping then you should choose a shorter longboard because you will be going through a lot of curves in the sidewalks.
However, if you want more stability then you should use the longer longboards. This is especially crucial if you will be going through some hills.
If you are still a beginner then a drop thru board is the best for you. The benefit of this type of longboard is that it is much easier to push. In fact, it does not require too much bending. Additionally, it can provide you with more stable speed.
37 Most Awesome Longboards for Sale on Etsy
How to Cruise on Your Longboard
Cruising on your longboard is a bit of an art form, really.
However, that doesn’t mean it’s difficult to master.
The most important things to train are your balance, and foot placement.
Keep a fairly wide stance, and try and bend your knees a little bit. Generally, it’s easier if your centre of gravity is low to the ground.
How to Take Care of Your Longboard
Longboards are not designed for tricks. It is for cruising.
Therefore, you must avoid banging it around because it might break in the middle. If you want your longboard to last then don’t expose it to too much in the sun.
As much as possible, store it inside the house or under a shade. If it gets wet, wipe it right away in order to prevent any breakage.
You should also take care of the bearings of your longboards. If it’s already too sticky then take them off and remove the dirt. Apply some lubrication on it as well. Always examine the wheels. You can do this by rotating it. If it’s already worn out then you should obtain new wheels.
By doing these simple things, you can extend the life of your longboards.
If you can keep your longboard in good condition then you can save more money and your longboard can last longer and you will be able to set the world speed record you’ll see here.
New World Speed Record of 130.08 km/h
Best Longboards for Beginners
Some of you just starting out probably want to know which is the best longboard for a complete beginner to the sport.
Below, we’ve included some of the best longboards for beginners, as well as some perks for each of the boards.
- ZED PINTAIL LONGBOARD: Our freshest longboard nods to the 1950’s makeshift backyard longboards with its classic surfboard shape and feel. ZED not only carries us here and there, but transports us...
- ANTI-BITE TECHNOLOGY: Avoid wheel bite at all costs. In fact, put it in the back of your mind. We put ease-of-ride #1 by including wheel wells to eliminate grab. Durable 70x51mm 85A PU wheels with...
- HIGH-SPEED & ACCURATE: Precision ball bearings in the ABEC-7 tolerance grade is ideal for high speed and extreme running accuracy, capable of handling all of your adventures.
- TRUCKS: Highly responsive 7-inch aluminum alloy trucks and ultra high elastic PU support pad,providing control and stability.
- DECK: 41 IN long x 9.5 IN wide deck made of cold press 8-ply natural maple with max load weight 330Ibs; brushed black surface for antislip. No assembly required.
- WHEELS:Durable 70mm X 51mm 80A PU wheels with rock finish, ABEC-11 high speed bearings.
- LONGBOARD ENGINEERING - VOLADOR gives engineering specifically any extra attention. Drop-through mounting translates into greater stability and improved push efficiency. Aluminum 7” reverse kingpin...
- MATERIALS & MANUFACTURING - 8-Ply hardrock maple deck is durable and offers a generous platform at 42” x 9”. The A356 aluminum alloy used in trucks deserves more credit, which is a high-grade...
- ARTWORKS - VOLADOR always commission custom art from Europe, Russia, and Asia to provide an eclectic blend of beautiful styles to choose from.
- The 40-Inch longboard is constructed with the classic downhill drop model. It's low gravity construction is ideal for any speed ride.
- Super strong 8-ply cold pressed hardrock maple, 37-Inch wheelbase, spacious 10-Inch width deck, all these contributed to a stable downhill platform.
- Genuine alluminium 7-Inch reverse kingpin trucks are adjustable as 50 or 45 degree, and take to you great maneuverability.
Best Longboard Wheels
Sometimes, it can be difficult choosing the best wheels for your longboard.
This is a helpful video which gives some details about this choice, as well as an in-depth review of one set of wheels.
In addition, we’ve selected some of the best wheels for your longboard on the market today, which you’ll find below.
Best Longboard Bearings
When you’re assembling your longboard, or if it needs parts replacing, bearings are something you need to get used to.
Skateboard bearings are small circles which attach your wheels to your trucks through the middle of your wheel.
Bearings on a longboard basically define how smooth your ride is going to be, so they’re pretty important.
Below are some bearings which we consider to be the best around today.
Best Longboard Trucks
We mentioned trucks before.
They’re the large pieces of metal attached to the deck of your board, these parts have to be really solid.
Your skateboard wheels are attached to your trucks using your bearings!
When choosing your longboard trucks, there is a lot of choice on the market at the moment.
To help you with this choice, below are some of the best trucks on the market nowadays.
Final Word on Longboards
If you are looking for a more in-depth review of the best longboards check this out! We hoped to have helped you pick the best Longboard for your needs and tricks, if you still have any doubt or want help, please let us know!
Welcome to the Active Thrills community! We, Nash and I, are the owners and authors of this special platform. We are so thrilled to say that this is definitely running actively to continue sharing all information and knowledge that we have about skateboarding, extreme sports, and gadgets in order to reach more and more people all over the world.